Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's been a busy week for me and Piper. On Thursday the Luticks and Jessie visited and we had a wonderful day walking around the Yale campus and lingering over a delicious lunch. Piper and I hitched a ride back to NJ with the Luticks and spent the weekend with my parents. Edward joined us late Saturday night and we headed back to CT on Sunday night.

Today Piper had her first visit with the vet and it went very well. She got two shots and didn't even flinch and will return in a few months to get spayed. She showed off sit, paw, and down commands and was adored by everyone in the office. Dr. Rife is a collie lover herself (her first dog was a rough blue-merle collie) and said Piper is a super little pup, but of course we already knew that.


Lunch with the Luticks and Jessie

Amanda and Amy entertained Piper for most of the ride home.


We were sitting in traffic and I asked Jessie to snap a picture of this sign. Edward's middle name is Somerville. Kind of funny, right?



Piper does NOT like the Wii. She jumps up and barks at the tv when Edward plays, especially when he plays tennis and bowling.

My parents took me and Edward out to dinner on Sunday night and I had the most fabulous meal. Check it out: filet mignon smothered in gorgonzola cheese, crab cake, garlic mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, and this was after eating bread and a large Caesar salad. Needless to say I was eating leftovers for days. Yummy!

1 comment:

Megan Van Fleet said...

Good luck in your pottery class--one of my best friends is a potter. It's a super fun craft to pick up for someone like you who is already super crafty! Her website is www.tashamckelvey.com, if you want some inspiration (she's now an art teacher too!) Say hi to Edward and Piper for me!! She continues to be adorable!