Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sanity preserved, at least for now

Today has gone much better than yesterday. Piper slept until 6:45am and then Edward took her out and played with her. Unfortunately he brought her in a bit too soon because she went #2 inside (fortunately on a hard wood floor - easy to pick up, flush, and then swiffer). After another lame walk down the street and some more playing, I put Piper in her crate for an hour and half nap. Previously I had been letting her nap outside the crate, but I couldn't really relax knowing she could wake up and start chewing. I do feel a bit guilty about crating her, but she is a baby and needs her sleep, I need my sanity, and it's not like I'm crating her all day, just a couple times a day for an hour or so. After her morning walk we ventured out (drove) to the dog park just a few blocks away (hopefully some day we'll be able to walk there). We met some friendly neighbors (both human and canine) and Piper got to burn off some energy. Eventually all the other dogs left and it was just me and Piper. I sat on a bench and read my book (Stolen Innocence - my second book on women escaping the FLDS/Warren Jeff - very interesting) while Piper explored. Now we are back home again and she is in her crate napping after only a minute or two of whining. After a couple of trying days I am encouraged that having a puppy doesn't have to be as awful as the last few days indicated it would be. Let's hope I can keep this optimism!

A big thanks to Aunt Rosemarie and Sarah for the advice and encouragement on raising a puppy!

1 comment:

Becky said...

ohmygosh. i'm jealous of your life :(