Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Puppy Woes

Monday was a LONG day. Piper is used to waking up at 5:30 am. I am not. My days of sleeping in are certainly over. She was up early raring to go. I spent the day cleaning up accidents in the house, picking up poop in the yard (she went three times in one day!), dragging Piper on her leash (we walked about 30 feet in a half hour), yelling at her for chewing, and just trying to remember that this phase will pass, and hopefully quickly.

Edward works about 11 hours a day, so when he finally got home late in the evening, all was calm and he couldn't understand how our sweet sleeping puppy could be such a terror.
I'm glad my weights are serving some function.

This was Piper's own doing and I thought it was adorable until I realized she had gnawed out large chunks of basket. She needs constant supervision!

Today was pretty much a repeat of yesterday. I am tired!

I had to lock Piper in her crate in order to write this post, but now it's time for another walk/drag!

3 comments:

Patrice said...

Okay- I know you don't know me but I just read your blog about your puppy and I love the "walk/drag" part. Hilarious! I feel your pain...lol

Megan Van Fleet said...

Good practice for children, as I'm sure Sarah will say when Maddie starts walking! Piper is adorable, and I hope it's more fun than not--like you said, this time will pass! Hope all is well with you two!! Would love to hear more of what you're up to (besides walking/dragging :)

Sarah said...

You have a lot of international readers judging from your map!! There must be a lot of collie lovers in South America and elsewhere!