Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Red letter day

Nate slept through the night last night for the very first time! Yippee!! I put him down at 7:50 and we did not hear a peep from him until 7am. I haven't updated about his sleep lately but he had been doing pretty well. Several weeks ago he was consistently getting up twice a night, which was good for him. He then went back to three times a night and after a couple nights of that we began letting him cry it out. He went back to two times a night and then this last week he was only getting up once a night, around 5am. I'm not assuming he'll sleep the whole night through every night but at least now I know he is capable.

And more exciting news, Nate cut his first tooth! I've been checking his gums every day and this morning, lo and behold, I felt a sharp edge. Pretty crazy that his best night of sleep was when a tooth was erupting. Glad it didn't affect his sleep.

Nate had his six month checkup today. He had four shots (two per thigh), including both flu shots, and one oral vaccine. He cried for a few minutes and then was fine. He weighs 18lbs 9oz (75th%), he is 27 inches long (75th%) and I failed to write down his head circumference but it was 50th%. He'll go back in a month for a second set of flu shots if the office has any doses left, otherwise we won't be back until his nine month visit.

The doctor suggested I start Nate on some fruits and veggies so tonight he tried sweet potatoes. He did NOT like them. After one bite he refused to open his mouth. We'll try again tomorrow.

First time in the high chair

Monday and Tuesday were pretty warm so Nate and I headed to the park with my friend and her son. I thought Nate might be a little young for the swings but he enjoyed it.

Nate and Adrian

Theo joined in on the fun, too.

Christina snapping pix of the fall foliage.


Monday - love this outfit!


Video 1: Nate loves eating apples out of this mesh thing. I put a large chunk in this evening and he sucked and chewed until the whole thing was gone.

Video 2: I know I often post rather boring videos, like the apple video, but this one is a must see. Nate thinks it's hilarious when I say "mama". He had been laughing several minutes before I decided to pull out the camera. (As you can see I have fully embraced motherhood by making sweatpants and sweatshirts a part of my every day wardrobe.)

No comments: