Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Meet Baby Shuman...or what little he'll reveal!

What a day! Today we had our 3D/4D ultrasound and despite the fact that the baby tried to hide from us most of the time, it was an amazing experience. My parents drove up for the appointment and I'm so glad they could share this experience with us. We got to see the baby's legs kicking, his heart pounding, his boy parts (just to double check he is indeed a male!), and half of his face, but he kept one arm over the other half of his face during the entire hour long session. I drank plenty of fluids the last few days (as instructed by the ultrasound technician) and brought along chocolate to get the baby moving, but he would not move that arm. At times he put both arms and hands over his face as if to say "Leave me alone!". Despite not getting the whole face shot, he certainly looked adorable and we got a great look at his tiny fingers and toes and even his hair! He's not even here, yet he's been such a blessing and joy already.

Sarah just posted this on her blog the other day, but it's so appropriate for my post as well...

Psalm 139:13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

What a blessing to know that our Creator is in control of this precious boy's little life from his tiniest beginnings and what a privilege it is for me and Edward to raise him to know our Lord and Savior.


eye and nose, cord is over mouth area, arm up on right side of picture


one hand up on forehead, other hand more in foreground, cute button nose!


one hand covering eye, other hand covering mouth


he's got all his fingers! (covering his eye)



forearm over face, hand up near top of head

spreading his fingers over that eye!

*video to come either tonight or tomorrow!

No comments: