Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 10, 2009

Extraction!

Well today did not go as planned. Edward and I should be on the road to NJ right now but here we are still in CT because of one dreadful tooth. I started feeling slight tooth discomfort this morning but didn't think much of it. It got progressively worse as the afternoon went on and when it started throbbing I realized I better call the dentist. I have a bad history with cavities. It's genetic though--I brush and floss daily! I haven't had new x-rays my last two visits because I've been pregnant, but the dentist had noticed some questionable spots on my teeth. Anyway, after many calls I finally reached my dentist who nicely let me come in at 5:30 this evening even though they were closed. Turns out one of my wisdom teeth is badly decayed, all the way up to the nerve, which is now infected. The tooth needs to be extracted (along with the bottom wisdom tooth--not that it's infected as well, for alignment reasons or something). The oral surgeon needs to take a high powered x-ray (not the kind you bite on, but the kind that uses the big machine that wraps around your head) to better see the nerve before he extracts, but the radiation exposure is dangerous for the baby. However, it's also dangerous for me to be sharing my infected blood with the baby. I realized I had full x-rays taken last May at my orthodontist to get new retainers and so we can hopefully use those so I won't have to have new ones taken. There is a slight chance the oral surgeon will see me tomorrow morning, which is why we aren't leaving CT yet, otherwise the extraction will be done on Monday. I just went and filled a prescription for an antibiotic and painkillers, but I'm not supposed to use the painkillers unless I am in a lot of pain (although my OB said not to let myself be in SO much pain that I cause stress to the baby). This is what you call BAD TIMING!! If only this could have held out another four or five weeks.

SO, now that you know far more about my tooth problem than you wanted, I will post some belly pictures. I'll be 36 weeks along tomorrow.



Valentine's Day!



belly button starting to pop!


yikes! i look huge!


Four more weeks to go!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You look great, seriously!

That is a major bummer about the tooth. Life's not fair. Sometimes I eat M&Ms and go to sleep without brushing my teeth (not often!) and still no cavities. Enough about me, I know this will catch up with me...I'm glad we'll still see you Sunday! Maybe Dr. Feeney can take out your wisdom teeth. He did a good job with mine, it was rather pleasant as far as having four impacted wisdom teeth removed goes.