Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bible Study Baby Shower

Last night my Tuesday night bible study group held a surprise baby shower for me. Our group meets at 7pm and at 6:30 I had called my leader to tell her I wouldn't be coming because I was sore and miserable after having my tooth pulled on Monday (a less than pleasant experience). Fifteen minutes later another girl from my group called and said I MUST come because I was the guest of honor! I hadn't showered and I was in my pajamas, but I threw on some clothes and drove over. It was a wonderful evening and I was showered with adorable baby goodies as well as much advice from this group of Godly women. They all wrote down bits of advice for me as well as bible verses to reflect on and live by. Here are some of both...

Advice:
- When your husband offers to do anything ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS say YES YES YES!!!
- Always play songs and scripture passages in your car when you travel.
- Look for God in every experience--God wastes NOTHING he brings into your life.
- Take a morning walk with your baby.
- Sign up for a Mommy and Me class.
- Take care of yourself. The baby deserves the best YOU you can be.

Scripture to live by:
- Raise up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6
- 5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. Deuteronomy 6: 5-9



No comments: