Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Birthday, Edward!

Edward turns 29 years old today! Only one year away from 30, yikes! I always find Monday birthdays pretty depressing but fortunately it will be short work week for Edward. Actually it will probably work out to about a 40-hour work week but just jam-packed into three long days.

I made Edward a cake today...
That's a lion in the middle...

This looks like a cake for a five year old, I recognize that. However, I have a Wilton cake decorating set from when I took a Wilton class in 7th grade (doesn't every 7th grade girl take that class?) and extra time on my hands, so I decided to try some of the basics. I have terrible handwriting but there's not much I can do about that. Next year there will be a baby to make a cake for so perhaps Edward won't get such a childish cake.

In other news, Piper is doing okay. She has figured out how to remove her collar so I have to keep half an eye on her at all times to make sure she isn't ripping out her stitches.


I am now 16 weeks along in my pregnancy and besides the occasional heartburn I am feeling really good. I don't have much of a bump yet but will post a picture when I do. Apparently our baby is about four inches long, weighs about 3.5 ounces and can hear me. He or she is going to be pretty sick of me singing Christmas songs by the end of December. (This is the first year I started playing them before Thanksgiving and I feel a little guilty, but what the heck!) According to my baby books I should be feeling baby movements in the next couple of weeks and we'll find out the sex of our baby in a month!

1 comment:

Megan Van Fleet said...

Happy birthday, Mr. Edward! Glad to hear the pregnancy is going well so far! The video of Piper about killed me--so funny and so sad at the same time!! Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!