Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Romper/JonJon/Shortalls/Overalls





Whatever you call them, I made Nate a pair, well two actually. I made the first pair out of red seersucker and they turned out fine except they were way too big. I had read several online reviews of this McCall's pattern and people said it runs small so go up a couple sizes. I made a size 4 and the length was okay but it was really wide, ridiculously wide, like Nate was swimming in a pool of red seersucker. I tried taking it in a bit but it's still looks silly so I think for $4 of fabric and an hour of time I'll just make a new one (maybe next summer Nate will be short and fat and can wear the old one!). For the second romper I used this madras from Joann's. I had seen it awhile ago and have been waiting for the right project and for it to go on sale before I bought it. I made a size 2 so it wouldn't be so wide, but then I also lengthened the pattern so it would fit in the crotch. It's a perfect fit.

No comments: