Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 15, 2008

Highlights


Edward and I have had a wonderful couple of weeks. Here are some highlights....

We visited Jim, Jane, and Willy Shuman (Edward's parents and youngest brother) in Deerfield Beach, FL for a long weekend Dec. 5-8. It was great to see his family and spend time on the beach basking in the sun. Piper stayed with my parents and experienced her first snowfall. I'm sad I missed her reaction to the snow, but I am glad I missed the snow and cold, at least for a few days.

My Tuesday night ladies bible study had a Christmas gathering on Tuesday evening complete with holiday crafts (right up my alley!), cookies, food, and singing. I've been attending the group since September and am starting to get to know the women pretty well. We've been studying the gospel of John and will resume in January. The group has definitely been a blessing to me.

Wednesday I had my last pottery class for the semester and we celebrated with a brunch. I got back a bunch of pieces and still have a few more to pick up this week. I'm still quite awful at "throwing" a pot on the wheel, but I'm going to take the winter semester starting in January and jump into it full force. I'll post some pictures of my pieces when I get them all back.

Saturday evening Edward and I attended the Boston Pops Holiday show in Bridgeport, CT. My parents have a Boston Pops Christmas CD that I have always enjoyed listening to, so when I saw they were going to be performing only 2o minutes from us I had to get tickets. We (yes, Edward, too) had the most WONDERFUL evening! The average age of the audience was probably 65-70 and they were decked out in red and green and their holiday best. The stage was jam-packed with the most talented musicians and behind them was an enormous choir (Gloria Dei Cantores). I could go into great detail about the show as I start reliving it in my mind, but I'm sure you don't care. Basically it was a mix of classic Christmas music, some fun stuff, and a sing-along at the end. So much fun!! They'll be playing in Bridgeport Dec. 19, 2009 and as Edward pointed out, we will have a 7 month old at that time--uh, yikes! I definitely plan on lining up a babysitter for that evening (anyone interested?).

Sunday Edward and I attended an evening carol service at church. We also spent hours mixing, cutting, cooking, and assembling a gingerbread house and cookies. I have a picture of Edward putting the structure together but I didn't take pictures of the final house. I'll post them tomorrow.

And looking to next week...
Tuesday we have an ultrasound appointment to find out the sex of our baby!!! I'll be 20 weeks along--halfway--crazy!

Tuesday night we head back to NJ to start the Christmas celebrations! Yippee!

And finally, some pictures....


Deerfield Beach, FL


Jim, Willy, and Buddy


After spending months in the basement physics lab, the bright sun is too much for Edward.





Our first class meal! (thanks Dad) The rest of the passengers had to pay for a pitiful little snack, but we dined in style.



Piper spends 75% of her day staring longingly out the window.



Edward carefully assembles our colonial style gingerbread house.


Next Tuesday we will know what we're having. A family/church friend gave us this ornament--it's perfect!

No comments: