Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Blue, Blue, We Love You!

It's a baby boy for the Shumans and we are thrilled! Edward is one of five boys so we suspected I might be carrying a boy, but of course you never know. Our baby boy checked out just great and weighs 15 ounces already. He was sucking his thumb during our ultrasound session and looked super cute! Unfortunately I didn't get too many great looks at him because our technician was speeding through the whole thing. She was far more concerned with her job of checking for organs, taking measurements, etc, than attending to our interests as first time parents. This is how she delivered the news that we are having a boy....she was wildly clicking, pointing, and saying something along the lines of "there are the kidneys, spinal chord, heart, penis, scrotum, femur..." without skipping a beat. I interrupted her, "So, it's a boy!?!!". That's really not the way I thought I would be told the sex of my child, but this lady was all business. She went back and tried to point out the "proof" that it was indeed a boy, but it was kind of difficult to tell what was what.

We got a couple ultrasound pictures but Edward had to go right back to work after our appointment and didn't have time to scan them in. Come to think of it, I don't think I ever put up the nine week ultrasound picture. I'll work on posting those.

In other exciting Shuman/Sisti news, my mom was just notified today by Barlow's Flower Farm that Piper and Scout won for the best animal category in their yearly Christmas picture contest. Yippeee!! They have a little Christmas setup where you can go take pictures of your kids and animals and then enter your best photo in the contest. Jessie and my mom took Piper and Scout while Edward and I were in Florida and they got some very cute pictures (which I will also upload later). My mom didn't get the photo submitted until Wednesday, and considering the contest was over on Friday (and had been going on awhile), we didn't think they had a chance, but what do you know!! Collies are the best and everybody knows it!

What a day!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay for baby BOY Shuman!

I can't believe Scout and Piper won and Maddie didn't even place :o) (Their picture was pretty cute, so I can actually believe it.)

Mariane said...

On Monday night I dreamed you had a boy. You named him Ronald and he had a full head of hair!!

Megan Van Fleet said...

Congratulations!! (for both having a boy and for Piper's big win!)

Merry Christmas--looks like 2009 will be an excellent year for you guys!