Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 10, 2008

I'm back

It's been visitor-filled few weeks and I'm back with some pictures to share. My parents came for a visit two weekends ago, then Jessie stayed with me a few days, then I went back to NJ for a few days, and then my cousin Becky visited for a few days this week. It was great having so many visitors and wonderful to get home for a few days.

Jessie and I visited the aquarium in Mystic, CT and it was a huge disappointment. The pictures make it look kind of cool, but it really wasn't. It was no Sea World, that's for sure.clown fish (aka Nemo)


an upside down jellyfish


These jellyfish were the highlight of the trip for us.



A sleeping sea lion. Jessie was just in San Francisco a few weeks ago and visited the hundreds of sea lions at Pier 39 so seeing 5 of them at the aquarium was not so impressive.


These poor dolphins! There were 3 or 4 of them in what were essentially two not-so-large above ground pools about 100 feet from the highway.



Lion fish


Jessie risked her hand and life to touch these scary creatures. I did not.


Beluga whale









I have some other pictures I want to put up but I think I'll make a new post with them later. Bye!

2 comments:

Devoted said...

great photos!

Becky said...

That jellyfish is pretty cool. What a lame/sad life for those dolphins...