Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Crypt and Museum

Wow! My third post of the day! While I am sitting here on blogger I thought I'd just throw up some other random pictures. Here are some pictures from the crypt under the Center Church of Christ on the New Haven Green. The church was built over a cemetery from the 1600s and when it was built they kept part of the cemetery intact in the basement. We visited the crypt with my parents and Jessie a few weekends ago.


Do you see the poor planning on this headstone?

a tight squeeze for that "M"


What an unfortunate nose for an angel






What did poor Mary do to deserve a skull on her headstone?


Here are some pictures from the Peabody Museum, which Edward and I visited back in early September.





An enormous room with case after case after case of stuffed birds. Kind of creepy.


I can't decide....does this bird remind me of....
Lilly Munster

or

Amanda Overmeyer (American Idol reject)




I think this was some sort of shrew. It had a long nose and tail and it creeped me out. (this was not stuffed, it was alive and running around)



Opal




No comments: